Professional competence and specialist capability
We create the ideas, artwork and specifications for your Brand Identity, Communications or Signage project and can organise the production and delivery of such projects. Where required, we will also organise specialist illustrators, photographers and animators.
We are able to understand and bring order to complex tasks – both large and small – and then create elegant, memorable design solutions. Our expertise is in design for physical media (print and signage). We are also proficient in:
- research and copy writing (eg for interpretive signage)
- PDF technology for e-publication.
Many of our clients come back to us because of our commitment to providing a timely and effective service. We take a long-term, strategic design approach, continually building on our client’s established identity to maximise their investment – deviating only where necessary and appropriate.
We value quality and employ an internal checking process to reduce the incidence of errors – no matter who’s they are. And we take responsibility for our errors – if we have made a mistake, we will rectify it.
We also care that your project is delivered on time. Barring truly exceptional circumstances, we deliver what we promise when we promise it. If things go awry, you can be assured that we’ll do our best to get your project back on track. This is why we prefer to use a select group of reliable suppliers who share the same ethic.
Each project is designed in response to the particular needs of the client, the brief and the end-user.
We tackle each project on it’s own merits to create an appropriate design response – and we are also able to see the bigger picture. We’ll work with a client’s existing identity or communications strategy rather than creating something completely different just for the sake of it.
And we don’t believe that there is a direct relationship between a large budget and innovative, creative results – though it does help!
Methodology / Design process
The client’s brief establishes the nature and scope of the project.
We work with our clients to achieve the desired outcome, often presenting and discussing alternative approaches and solutions before developing the preferred concept. From concept to final artwork, design solutions are continually evaluated and refined.
Peter Lambert FDIA
As the director of Peter Lambert Design, Mr Lambert is responsible for client liaison, co-ordination of projects, employee supervision and the overall management of the business, together with directing concept development, final design and production.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Built Environment) – Architecture and Industrial Design, Queensland Institute of Technology, 1977
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training
- Sessional Lecturer, University of Ballarat (TAFE Division) (2001 – March 2010)
- Senior Designer/Associate, Bryce Design Consultants (October 1983 – March 1987) | Mr Lambert joined Bryce Design as a project designer for the Brisbane Airport Streetscape Project and was later appointed an associate and senior designer of the company. In that time, Mr Lambert was responsible for the design and project co-ordination of a wide range of corporate identity, signage and publication projects.
- Principal, Peter Lambert Design, Brisbane (November 1981 – October 1983)
- Partner, Cubix Design (May 1979 – November 1981) | Multi-disciplinary design group formed to provide domestic scale architectural design, graphic design, illustration and model making services.
- Graphic Artist, Alan Voorhees and Partners (March 1978 – April 1979) | Contract employment, providing illustrations, maps and graphics for reports and presentations to clients, and printing of reports.